Sunday, April 27, 2008

6 words...

Right now I have woken to a sunday full of possibility and questions...
And I have (thanks in part to our friend Cathy) been here starring at a screen with a tidal wave of words throwing through my mind...
This is the story...

Legend has it that Hemingway was once challenged to write a story in only six words. His response? “For sale: baby shoes, never worn.” Last year, SMITH Magazine re-ignited the recountre by asking readers for their own six word memoirs. They sent in short life stories in droves, from the bittersweet (“Cursed with cancer, blessed with friends”) and poignant (“I still make coffee for two”) to the inspirational (“Business school? Bah! Pop music? Hurrah”).

So I challenge you too to sit there, starring at the screen, thinking of words...
What would be your 6 word life story...
What is your 6 Word Memoir?

So... what would be mine you ask...
Well it was hard at first, now it's hard to stop.

I came up with a few but this one will have to do...

Becoming the me I want to be

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG what a challenge Neen! Very thought provoking...

Cassandra said...

Interesting Challenge. I guess mine might be: Changed Direction. But we are fine.

now I need to keep repeating that.

Trace said...

Neat idea Neen, will have to put my thinking/creative cap on...it's somewhere around here, but I don't think it works at this time of the night LOL!