Friday, April 10, 2009

Relearning

Good Friday was just that... good.
Well truth be told it woulda been better if my allergies didn't flare up but it was good in other ways.

My mama and dada came to visit and brought lunch with them. My dad saw that I had pulled out my guitar (which used to be his). I told him I've been dying to get back into it but I can't tune her. So he tuned her up for me - yah. So weird that I remember a little wenny bit considering I haven't played since high school. Trust me I am no Dave Grohl... not even at Wiggles level really but I was strumming away a little Pink Floyd in a couple of hours. FYI I hate C chord ;) My stubby fingers can't reach properly.

This week I also rediscovered the joy of the going to the library. I haven't been to our local library since we first moved here 5 years ago. I checked out a stack of books that are sitting on my bedside table ready to come with us on holiday. If you've read anything good lately let me know! Oh and you know it's winter when the bed is officailly no longer yours.
Andrea sent me a box with some of the new Sassafrass papers. Honestly my FAV scrapbooking paper range. I always use it all... it's super me. So I am scrapping with that right now.
My brothers lil man is hanging in there so it might be another week before we're aunty and uncle yet.

Also wanted to share some sites I am loving at the mo:
Frankie is hands down... like right right down... my favourite magazine ever - plus I love their site.
Fred Flare: SUPER cute - I want it all esp this .
Also Present and Correct has all these cute retro office supplies
Meet Me At Mikes... not my Mike... he's not crafty ;)
Loved this movie - going to own it soon.
This girls voice is haunting... I'm seriously in awe.


Well that's all from me for now. I am heading to the scrap room for the rest of the day then packing later... we are officially on holiday for a week so heading off on a little adventure.

3 comments:

Penny said...

Rod's learning the guitar too - he's got a special electronic tuning helper that he uses. He's doing classical stuff though.

LOL at the bed interloper. ;) Very sweet.

Wanna join my book club? Only if you want...

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the mag Frankie. Wish a subscription wasn't so much here in the US.
Love, love, love your layouts! Cute blog, too!
Have a nice vacation!

Anonymous said...

i love penelope! sara gave it to me for my birthday last year because i loved it so much! :D