Thursday, June 26, 2008

As ever

So tell me, do you have a technique that you can't stand or just find really hard...

For me it's cutting out patterns from paper...
Honestly, call me impatient but I just can't get myself to cut out those fine flowers and swirls... I love love love the look but I just don't have the steady hand or mind for it :)

But a new thing I tried and loved was coating some self made transparencies. I found an image of a butterfly, copied them in different sizes onto OHP sheets, cut them out (as fast and rough as I could!) and covered the underside in glitter using modge podge...

I love them... and am thinking of all the pictures I could do this too... thinking stars (ha ha) and even UFOs... fun times.

If you try it show me the result...


8 comments:

Mrs Frizz said...

Well aren't you a little miss clever boots then ... love that layout and I've fallen hook, line and sinker for that butterfly ... ummmm ... I will have half a dozen of them pullleeeeeeeeeasssssssse!!!! Gorgeous!!!

And ... can you flick me an email buddy, cos when our puta died I lost my 'whole' address book, I kid you not and I've got something to email you.

Ta

Michele said...

So does these work through a printer?

what a great idea neen, your so full of then... thinking a trip to hamilton might be on the cards!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, so that is how you got those gorgeous butterflies! I am thinking the UFO and stars with the glitter would make a fantastic boy layout. Must get me some printer OHP sheets and have a go.

Anonymous said...

Neen - those are gorgeous butterflies! I must admit thought I'm confused by the technique. Maybe I've lost touch with all the scrap lingo. And what did you do with those Primas? Gorgeous!

Trace said...

WOW Neen that butterfly is gorgeous. Don't think there's anything I don't get into now - wasn't a fan of poppets.

Anonymous said...

WOW stunning - I am with you cutting out drives me nuts!!

You clever wee thing :) def going to pinch this idea hee hee

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous work!!! Thanks for sharing how you did the butterflies, I was admiring them in the gallery.

Anonymous said...

ooooohhhhhh - I feel like one of those wee aliens in Toy Story and just want to stare and ohhhhhh! very cool and very clever ;o)