Tuesday, September 28, 2010

10 Tuesday

Well it turns out I didn't do anything exciting enough to blog about since last week... so here we go again:

1. A new song
We saw The Drums when they opened for Florence + The Machine this year... and I still love this song.



2. Wanted: A reading list
...I need suggestions.... and yes I DO work in a bookstore - but do you think I can find anything I actually wanna read... I love a good real story... esp a good bio... last one I loved...

Yip - they are complex people but man are they fascinating.

3. David Ghetti - Pencil Sculptor
Click HERE to see the rest... amazing stuff

4. Super Cute Vintage Digital Tapes
Makes me wanna play with my blog template again... but no - it's not time to open THAT can of worms again just yet. Get them from HERE.

5. Awesome Mixed Media Art
Dolan Geiman - loving that guitar
6. Lolly Chops
Yeah I know I know, it's way too early to even want to think about THAT date coming in December... so let just call them September Trees.... so dang cute...

Lolly did a tutorial on the Crate Paper blog HERE.... and she is one of my fav bloggers. Visit her HERE.

7. Super Cute Wedding Tree
Found this on etsy - such a cool idea. You get the tree and green ink pads... and your guests fingerprint a 'leaf' on the tree and sign it...


8. SO Good!

New, Chocolate, Hazelnuts, Cashews... all good things!
photo: jeroxie
9. Great lyrics
I've always always been a sucker for a great lyric... it doesn't even have to be a whole song or even a whole verse... I can pick out certain lines in a song that make me think or feel or the music on that line just rocks it home to you... I hope you know what I mean... for me it's like poetry.

"Cause we all have wings, but some of us don't know why"

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer by the stars."

"Hearts and thoughts they fade, fade away"

"Do you want the truth or something beautiful? I am happy to decieve you. Secrets, lies and telling tales. I can be who you want me to be, but do you want me"

"So if this melody should stop or fade away, the oceans will drain out and the stars disintegrate. It's like voodoo I've lost all my control. I look into you you make me rock and roll"

"In my head I replay our conversations, over and over til they feel like hallucinations. You know me, I love to lose my mine. And every time anybody speaks your name I still feel the same - I ache, I ache, I ache inside"

"This is the way you left me, I'm not pretending. No hope, no love, no glory, no Happy Ending."

And this week I've been loving this...
CLICK TO LISTEN and yes I do like the covers better than the original - that's just me ;)

And this is an all time fav.... "I won't be your winter, I won't be anyone's excuse to cry"
CLICK TO LISTEN

10. Thinking of here
image: scott28w

Our plans to travel off shore this year came to a screeching holt when teeth and cars broke down. Seriously I can't believe it's already almost the end of the end... wasn't it yesterday that I was planning this for my 30th...

No comments: