Tuesday, September 21, 2010

10 Tuesday

So... I've been struggling to think of things to blog about... then I found a little inspiration from one of my all time favourite people... Elsie Flannigan. On a sunday she blogs a list of 10 things she loves...
I thought "Hey, I love things too!". So in a blantantly ripping off fashion I thought I'd share on a tuesday. 10 things I have going on, have found, have brought, have created, have experienced... why not.

So may I present "10 Tuesday":

1. Photo5
I've registered for this competition for 2010 and am SO excited for my box of 5 to turn up.


2. Real Groovy
I went to this amazing place for the very first time last weekend. So much music in one place... CDs, vinyl... everything your ears could ever need (apart from Kate - but, see below)

photo cred: webwin
3. Kate
I FINALLY got Kate Miller-Heidkes new album! YAY! Bout time consider how much you guys here me rabbit on and on about her. All it took was my lil sis going to Australia. Still amazes me you can't get artists from as close as Australia in stores here. Weird.


4. My new lensI was very spoilt recently when Mike brought me this puppy... it's the Canon 50mm f/1.4. I am still getting used to using a prime lens rather than a zoom - but I love the results... and it's SO good in low light too. Joy.

5. Heavenly Fudge
...drool.... honestly, best fudge EVER!

Link6. Visiting my birth parents
Always blows my mind... they are so like me, it's weird, but awesome. We talk music and art and craft and generally just ramble on about all sorts of nothing.
7. Scrappy inspiration
Like I was saying I haven't scrapbooked in what feels like an age. But I've been seeing things around that have tugged on my craft strings like crazy. Most of my spare time right now I spent sitting on this laptop editing photos... but soon... real soon - I'm gonna play with glue!

My peep Louise Williams shared a couple of tutorials on her blog - I love these - I love seeing people scrap especially those whose style is so different from mine... I love seeing different techniques and Louise is just amazing....
photo: Lousie

As usual the amazingly cute Elise is up to something - just this photo makes my scissor hand itch...
photo: Elsie

And I saw these and had that crafters sense of "I could make that"... cute.


8. Presents from photography clients
I love when people are stoked with their photos... and Emma decided to thank me with these super cute measuring cups I had seen on our holiday up North. 9. A new song


10. Ginas161 Symonds St, Auckland.
Love it - the people, the food, the personality.
They've move into a bigger shiner premises which does take a little away from the cosy little hidden secret feel it used to have but you can still rest assured that the food and most importantly the tiramisu has not changed.

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Ah, yes ... love Real Groovy, love Gina's, love your photography!! And I saw those same measuring cups in Petone a couple of months back, SO cute!

I am BEYOND excited about our photo shoot coming up in just over 6 weeks' time! YAY!!

Trace said...

Very cool Neen, and love those flowers...now if only I could sew lol.

Rochelle said...

You could be NZ's version of Elsie, inspiring us all! :) Loving the canon video clip, so cool. I just got some of those super cute measuring cups, they are way to cool to use! hehe Mmm.. to the fudge! Your photos have been so beautiful, keep it up :)