Friday, February 26, 2010

Turning 30

Not sure what I think of turning thirty yet...

I do know that this is not really the place I expected to be in my life by the time I was 30. That doesn't meant I am not in a good place, just not in the cliche "supposed to be" place I imagined when I was 20...

I am extremely blessed to have Mike in my life. This past weekend has been a shining example of that I have have honestly felt overwhelmed with a sense of undeserving.
I have almost had some wonderful amazing people come to my life... for a moment, or a while or for my lifetime and each of them has in some small way helped in shaping me into this person. I am gratful to them all.

In some ways this huge number is feeling more like new years... I have this very very strong sense of making resolutions, positive changes, little changes but good ones. Trying to look after myself, spring cleaning my life and not allowing myself to re clutter... and mostly trying to appreciate the time I have and spending more of that time with the people I am so lucky to have in my life.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday to you chook whenever that was,sounds like you had a good one xoxo
DC

Penny said...

Happy bday!

Turning 30 was odd - like you I wasn't in the place I thought I'd be when I was younger. Not that I wasn't happy with it, but yeah... the reality was different to my original idea :)

But I have to say I'm halfway through this decade and it's all been good stuff, even the bad stuff IYKWIM. Better than my twenties when I was still finding my place in my own skin and vastly better than my teens which were full of angst and fear.

Trace said...

You look gorgeous Neen - settle into those thirties and just enjoy the ride chickee.

mandyb said...

happy birthday....enjoy 30's they are great

Megan R said...

Happy belated birthday Neen. 30 obviously suits you as you look wonderful! I'm glad you had such a fantastic celebrating it!! I think the 30's are the best years!!