Thursday, October 1, 2009

Wanna play 20 questions?

1. Show us the inside of something cute
*awesome* Wanted one forever and look at that colour... sigh.

2. What's the last home cooking you had?
I cook dinner (attempt to anyway - just ask Mike) every night but to me home cooking would be my mamas. We were there on a week ago for a family dinner in honour of my lil bros birthday. Pasta, chicken, coleslaw and casserole for dinner. Cheesecake and birthday cake for dessert.
My fav is my mamas kumara dish though.... yum.
I do like piklets though... those I can make....
3. What do you miss?
My memory (seriously it's shocking!) and my size 12 bottom (although I don't mind my size 16 one... it's better than the size 20 one I used to have).

4. What makes you laugh often?
This guy...

5. What's your favorite word?
RAD.... hands down...

6. What are you trying to quit?
Clutter... I need a skip and an iron will.

7. What's your favorite commercial right now?


8. Whose style do you dig?
Zooey, Kate, Lily and of course Audrey.

9. Link to a great blog you've discovered lately...

Point, Blank Period. Awesome once a month challenge (so I ACTUALLY get time to play along!)

10. What's the last craft you made?
Remember I started a scarf AGES ago...? Well I finished it... and it's pretty cr*p. I think it's way too short and because it's just that plain knitty style I'm not really into it. But it did make me want to try again with a bit more wow.

11. A photo of the last happy mail you got

My stash from Sassafras... I didn't get a photo but I have had an awesome winny week and I have 2 happy mails coming from LollyChops and from Point Blank Period! Fun!

12. Something you've got lately?
A new cut and colour...see Q14

13. What are you looking forward to?
Lots of stuff but the biggys are going camping again in the summer and heading off shore for my birthday.

14. Post a recent snapshot of yourself.
15. Recent Favorite Movie?

Penelope... and this is an all time fav... but super excited to see this one.... and this one...

16. Something you're working on right now?
More kits...
...and my next mini trip album.

17. If a movie were made about you, who would play you?
I have NO idea... I'd love to stay Zooey or Tina Fey but they are too cool. When I asked Mike he said "Sam Neil". Cheers Mike, as helpful as always.

18. What gives you goosebumps?

Beautiful songs like this one, gut wrenching movie scenes like this one... and basically anything that brings me to tears... which really is almost anything soppy or emotional... especially seeing other people cry.

19. Share a new obsession.

Hunting out all my all time fav song lyrics. To me it is poetry and I've been wanting to collect them in a journal for forever. Found a beautiful book and am making a start.

I wake up in darkest night
I watch you breathe in shadow light
A perfect world lies next to me
And I don't need to sleep to dream
I just hope I am good enough to keep you
Morning sun warms our skin
Distant sounds
The day begins
Soon their world will come calling for us
But this is space they cannot touch - Kate Miller Heidke

Why do you choose your pain? If you only know how much I love you, love you I won't be your winter I won't be anyone's excuse to cry. We can be forgiven. - Sister Hazel

This is the hardest story that I've ever told
No hope, or love, or glory
Happy endings gone forever more
I feel as if I'm wasted
And I'm wastin' every day - Mika

When life had locked me out I turned to you
And you open the door
And you're all I need right now, it's true
Nothin' works like you - Lenka

20. What's the meaning of your life?

Woo that's a deep one...

You can't take anything with you and if we have learnt anything over the years it's that you only get a infinite number of breaths on this plain.

For me it's about enjoying the journey one step or bound at a time... loving deeply and living full.

Please play along and post a link to your 20Qs here in the comments here so I can nosey on over.


3 comments:

Trace said...

Always very interesting Neen to find out more about you...love, love, love the hair - you rock chickie.

Anonymous said...

love your hair, sooo funky! and YAY to happy mail from Sassafrass lol..dont ya just love em!
check out my blog later..going take a leaf outta Neens blog lol

Penny said...

Great post :)