Wednesday, July 8, 2009

MJ


This is just for me... to remember that he was and he went. That I felt so moved. That I cried. That I remember, remember singing and dancing along to HIStory in my room... a CD my dad brought and I claimed as my own. He used to get mad when he'd see those 2 empty spots in the CD spinner. I never had posters, tshirts or a sequined glove.

But I heard the frustration in his later songs and they spoke to my teenage angst in the 90s. I would Scream with him and still tear up to Man in the Mirror.

He was for and of the world... I am up this morning watching his memorial and am so glad I am. Sitting in the middle of the lounge singing along to Heal the World and tears streaming down my face. I will remember this too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

for me it will be the memories from the 80's and Thriller. He was at his very best in that era I think.
I cant say I cried but he most certainly will be missed. He made a huge impact and his poor children, its them I feel for now!

pakosta said...

I loved MJ as a 11-12 year old and I was so touched the day of his service seeing his little girl break down and cry.....i love the man in the mirror song toO!
tara