Friday, July 7, 2006

Week 2: Me Blog - I've got the MUSIC in Me

This is my layout... it came out OK... the worst thing is I couldn't scan it because the shadows the CD cast over the layout. The cardstock is actually pure white. It was a real challenge to scrap the music I love because there is so much! I thought it was important to put a CD in with it so there is one song from each artist on the CD.


JOURNALING:Music - Language of the soul - My favourite music? ...if it moves me...speaks to me...gets my foot tapping or makes me dance around the lounge.... it's OK by me...

ON THE CD COVER: Janenne the Soundtrack - featuring the music of - Shakira, Gnarls Barkley, Mary J. Blige, KT Tunstall, Bon Jovi, Fat Boy Slim, James Blunt, All American Rejects, Panic at the Disco, My Chemical Romance, Green Day, Pearl Jam, Collective Soul, Counting Crows, Nirvana, Metallica, Guns n Roses, Bonnie Tyler, Soundgarden, REM, The Who, Elemeno P, Shihad, Pink , Fall Out Boy, Keane, Elton John, Queen, Ozzy Osbourne, Van Halen, Anastasia, Gypsy Kings, Silverchair, Crowded House, The Eagles, Aerosmith, Van Morrison, Pink Floyd, Gwen Stefani, The White Stripes, Bare Naked Ladies

INSIDE THE CD CASE:It is July 2006 and this CD contains some of the music that I consider great at this moment. I have no one set genre… if it moves me, speaks to me, gets my foot tapping or makes me dance around the lounge it’s OK by me.
Music has always been a huge part of my life… I still remember listening to nursery rhymes on vinyl records, my first tape with Kylie Monigue on it at the age of eight with my red walkman – which my brother dropped and broke, my first CD – the soundtrack from Jesus Christ Superstar. I remember being too young to go out for New Years so I’d lay in bed with my walkman going and write down the countdown of the years top 100 songs as they played on the radio. I remember bursting into tears every time I heard a Babyface song when I broke up with my boyfriend. I remember getting screaming mad at the kids who teased me at school listening to Alanis Morisette. I remember calling the radio station as a giggling 13 year old and requesting songs. I remember how much I felt like a rock star when I worked for that same radio station years later – driving around in the sign written truck and having my voice on air. I remember submitting Green Day songs as my poetry assignment in college. I remember the songs that have moved me to tears and others that have moved me to dance… it speaks to me… it is a part of me… a part of my soul.

PRODUCTS: White cardstock, black cardstock, unknown striped PP, Trade Aid wooden stamps, Heidi Swapp Flower stamp, Prima Flowers, Zig Black Pen, paint,Heidi Swap raw chipboard letters, Ice Letters and heart, foam letters, CD and case.

2 comments:

Leslie & Shaune said...

fantastic. i love that you used the CD on there... perfect for the music theme of the page :)

leslie lightfoot

Primrose & Tumbleweeds said...

Nice touch including the CD. Great job.