Thursday, October 26, 2006

Didn't make it... this time...

Well I didn't get onto the first ever design team I tryed for so I thought I'd share the layouts I submited... I won't pretend that I'm not a lttle bit miffed, it would have been fun. Huge CONGRATS to the girls who did make it though and I am NOT giving up!!! (I still have one more chance with the entry I sent in this morning for Scrapbook Essentials!!!).

I will find out about the other team I have tryed out for next week so fingers crossed for that now! :) Still trying not to get my hopes up... but it's hard. I'm just so passionate about this hobby... I mean, I have a blog about it for crying out loud! Hee hee!

PS: My altered project was an altered DVD case and I put the photos from my sisters 21st on the disk. I have done a few of these now and its a great way to give out the photos that you take at events to everyone who says "you can send me some OK!"... hee hee.

PPS: Also if you read my blog PLEASE leave a comment even if its just a "Hi I was here" just so I know if people are even coming here.... just for interest sakes! Ta!







11 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey Neen, ole ole ole ole...I love the dvd altered case....it's stunning and what a bloody great idea....we might do that for our bash on 11 November....Love the dork layout of Mike too....I love a guy who can laugh at himself. Also heres a wee rant that I gave to Ann and Michele...you do beautiful work and your time in the sun will come.....believe in yourself and your talent, cos I like your style...

Unknown said...

Neen Cool l/o's.I like the dork one.Great colours.

Meg McKenzie said...

I was here....... LOL, thought I had better leave a comment!!

Christi said...

Hey Neen! Hahaha, Janine almost sounds like Megan from NZ Idol lol. I loved your layouts!!! I know your frustration. I went big though. I tried in the States first and was rejected a few times. So I've realized I need to start smaller. I am hugely shocked I made Lisa's DT. And yes, don't give up and I totally understand your passion ;)

Delys said...

I love your work too Neen! Fingers crossed for you for the SE DT.

Roo said...

Wow lovely lo's. Love the dork one, too cool. Good luck with the SE dt.

Unknown said...

Love the altered item. Just saying hi as you asked.

Michele said...

Wow i love your layouts, but you already knew that.... but that DVD case is amazing.... I wanna do my one now......hope you dont mind me copying... well not copying exactly but making an altered dvd case....
Your work is amazing chick...wish i had talent like u

Anonymous said...

Hi, I thought your layouts were fantastic. Fingers crossed for SE Team. Me on the other hand havent tried out for a DT. It is heart breaking when you get rejected. LOL!! I absolutely love this hobby too!! One thing I keep on saying is its nice to be famous, but its also great to do scrapbooking because everytime we finish a layout, it makes us feel good inside!!! And I think that is the most important thing!!! And GOOD LUCK, fingers XXXXX'd cya.

PS Do you mind if I add you to my blog?

Kelly Slattery said...

Great work Neen...great idea to do the DVD case!! Good luck with Meg's DT :o)

Paula... said...

These are awesome Neen, I love the "dork" LO of Mike (too funny) and the DVD cover is just sensational. Pitty about the DT, but you'll be snapped up in no time with work like this.